Specific Issue Orders SIO

The  Court  can  be  asked  to  make  decisions  regarding  the  child’s  upbringing, if  the  parents/guardians  cannot  agree,  such  as  the  child’s  education,  religious  upbringing,  medical  treatments  and  holidays.

When Will The Orders Be Made And How?
The primary consideration in any matter concerning children is the best interests of the child. It has been recognised that the child’s best interest are not served by having court orders relating to them however amicably the parents have applied. Therefore, the Act stresses the “non intervention principle”. If no order is necessary, none will be made.

It is for that reason that, in a divorce, the Judge will consider the Statement of Arrangements for the Children. If the Judge is satisfied that the arrangements are reasonable, a certificate will be issued with the certificate of entitlement to a decree absolute of divorce. The certificate simply confirms that the Judge does not believe that any order is necessary. If there is a dispute over the children, the parent who wants an order must apply for it in separate proceedings and the Court will give directions about what is to be done to bring the application to a final hearing.

You  may  be  able  to  get  help  with  court  fees  if  you’re  on  benefits  or  a  low income.

Sharing Parenting Agreements are for parents who have separated and who have reached a verbal agreement for their own arrangements regarding the care of their children and who wish to have that agreement detailed in writing.

The court no longer requires children arrangements to be presented to the court before approving a divorce or after separation; many parents want something in writing. Whilst a Shared Parenting Agreement cannot be enforced in the same way that a Court Order can, it does provide a parent with compelling evidence that agreement has been reached and that agreement will be taken into account by the family court in the event of a dispute.

Musisz się zalogować, aby móc dodać komentarz.